Saturday, June 02, 2007

There's a brick wall stood between whatever part of my brain does the thinking of stuff and the part of my brain that tells my limbs (specifically my finger tips) to move; i.e. the typing and the application of putting my thoughts on screen is proving rather difficult today.

It would be easy for me to use the old "I was up drinking til 5 o'clock in the morning and now my head hurts" excuse, but that would be lazy, unoriginal and uninspired writing. It would however be true. So, being hungover is one factor. But I'm not going to dwell on that. The reason I haven't posted a proper post for the last few days is because I've been so bloody busy. I got back from London on Tuesday night, spent Wednesday and Thursday writing up what I did in London for college work (5,000 words in about 24 hours, fun!) and yesterday was a blur. Following the handing in of the college work on Thursday, I got rather drunk. (Not paying London prices for booze is very appealing to me, and very bad for my overdraft.) I woke up on Friday, foggy of head and sore in the stomach. After a well needed fry-up, I found myself in a friend's guitar shop, being sold a guitar by a friend. I was then convinced by him to go out busking. I've never been out busking in Falmouth, and I've never done it hungover like a bitch. Fortunately, busking in Falmouth is quite pleasant when compared with busking in Newquay. At least in the day time there aren't that many piss heads about.

I've just realized that my head must really be hurting, as this post is nothing more than a 'I got drunk and this is what happened'. I really mean to write intelligent stuff, and do it often. But the last week of college has brought with it all the responsibilities of being a student (there's one, it's getting pissed), and now as I type, I find myself incapable of writing anything remotely interesting at all.

That's it, I'll call it a day. I'm just writing bollocks now, and I'm aware of it. At least I've got off my arse and done some writing today. I was afraid that I was starting to dry up in the word department, and if you've paid attention to this blog you may agree that I have. Ah well, tomorrow's another day and I might not be hungover.

No comments: