Friday, June 08, 2007

About three hours ago I was feeling rather hungover. The fry up was nice, but the effects of the previous night's drinking remained. I was quite impressed by the bargain I found earlier in town. A Polaroid camera, only a few years old, was found in a charity shop, for a quid, and it was something I had to buy. Having wanting one as a kid, for a hundred pennies I couldn't say no.

A few glasses of red wine, a bit of a smoke later; I was feeling a lot better, a lot healthier. I decided to write down all the songs I know how to play on the guitar. Everything since I started playing (about ten years ago). When I jotted down about sixty I was impressed. After a lot of hard thinking, and the point where I couldn't think of anymore, the magic number passed one hundred. I know over a hundred songs. I felt quite proud. My next task is to write down all the lyrics and chords down, in some sort of book. To keep with me when I go busking. That was the plan behind the list. I'm fed up of my mind going blank, resulting in me going back and playing the same tracks.

It also got me thinking. Now my college year's finished, and I'm not working at a magazine, I've sort of run out of things to write about. At least if I'm busking, or generally keeping myself busy, I'll have something to work with. I need to get on my busking myspace page. Update it. Maybe put my place list up there. But I'm a bit tired now. So I'll leave it to the morrow.

No comments: